Why You Should Consider Hormone Replacement Therapy for Men
Did you know that hormone replacement therapy for men exists? Once only thought to be available to women, the benefits of hormone replacement therapy (HRT) can now be experienced by men across the country at clinics like Potomac Rejuvenation Center in Washington, DC. Similar to female hormone replacement therapy, not all males are the right candidate for these specific treatments. So, how do you know if you are the right candidate?
When men have unusually low amounts of testosterone, it can put their health at risk. Testosterone is the most important hormone that men have in their bodies. This vital hormone is responsible for functions like building muscle mass, producing sperm, bone density and growing hair. Men with certain testicular conditions such as hypogonadism and men who are reaching middle-age experience a dramatic decline in the amount of testosterone produced in their bodies. Hormone replacement therapy for men is only appropriate for those with low levels of testosterone.
Symptoms of low testosterone can include:
- You begin to experience physical changes such as hair loss, swollen breasts and decreasing muscle mass
- You begin experiencing an inability to conceive children or an overall lack of interest in sexual activity
- You start experiencing acute insomnia or other sleep disturbances
- You begin to notice cognitive issues such as memory loss and an inability to concentrate
- You start experiencing emotional problems such as depression or sadness
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, you may be a good candidate for hormone replacement therapy for men. You may be wondering how the testosterone is introduced into the body. The answer can be determined during your consultation.
Some of the benefits of this treatment include:
- Increased sperm count
- Increased sex drive
- Increased muscle mass
- Decreased risk of cardiovascular disease
- Better sleep
- Improvement of metabolic functions
Hormone replacement therapy, in both men and women, requires a prescription and approval of a licensed professional. As such, book an appointment at Potomac Rejuvenation Center in Washington, DC. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and get started!